Sunday, October 4, 2009

A well needed update

So I felt that it was about time to post another update. I haven't posted in a while - not since early September - so I figured it was appropriate. The past few weeks have been pretty fun. I went to the mountains two weekends in a row to get a little bit of last minute snowboarding in before the mountains close. I stayed in a hostel 2 weekends ago with three of my good friends and rode one day at The Remarkables. Right now spring is in full force up in the mountains. We had nothing but bluebird skies and sunny 50 degree weather all day. The park was awesome as well, they know how to have fun at the remarks. I went to Arrowtown last weekend to snowboard again which is a town up in the mountains in between Queenstown and Wanaka. One of my kiwi buddies has a house there where I stayed with 4 other guys. His parents were awesome to us cooking us meals for two days and letting us stay at their really nice house. It was awesome to have the feeling of a homecooked meal for once while I've been here.

I have also been going to a lot of beaches in the past few weeks. I have been surfing a couple times here and there (still not good at all haha) and also just going to beaches to hangout. Here are some pictures from Sandfly beach and Tunnel beach which are both really cool.

Tunnel beach




There is literally a tunnel going into the ground that you need to go through to get to the beach.



Sandfly beach





A video of sea lions at Sandfly beach



And here are some random surf pics





No comments:

Post a Comment